PTA Rapids Water Park Fundraiser
Kickoff Summer on Saturday June 6th at Rapids Water Park and help the PTA raise money for Westglades!
Don’t miss out on the last few days to purchase your Westglades “Kickoff to Summer” at Rapids Water Park
Play all day on Saturday, June 6th from 10-7pm with a private picnic from 12-1pm
Just visit www.rapidswaterpark.com and enter promo code: Westglades2015
• • • Must purchase your tickets by Monday, June 1, 2015 • • •
One-Day Combo Ticket:
ONLY $37.00* (plus 6% sales tax), half price parking coupon
$5.00 from every combo ticket sold will be donated back to Westglades PTA!
Includes: all day admission from 10-7, unlimited buffet in the private pavilion from 12-1 and half price parking coupon!
Purchase tickets online, check in at the table at the entrance to receive special wristband for admission for the unlimited hamburger/hot dog buffet with unlimited beverages from 12-1.
Fun for the whole family!
House Bill 7069 and EOC Exams
The Superintendent of Schools, Mr. Robert Runcie held a news conference regarding the legislation House bill 7069. Here is what we know so far:
- Florida Department Of Education has directed districts to no longer include results of the FSA EOCs in Algebra 1, 2 and Geometry as 30% of the final course grade for the 2014-15 school year.
- Broward Schools will not require these students to take a Final Exam in these courses. The quarter grades and mid-term grades will be used to calculate the grade for the 2014-15 school year.
- When EOCs in Algebra 1, 2 and Geometry score results and achievement levels become available, the District will recalculate student grades based upon the original calculation with the EOC counting as 30%. If the student's grade is now higher with the EOC counting as 30%, then the student's transcript will be adjusted to reflect the highest grade earned.
- Students will not be penalized if the result of including the EOCs in Algebra 1, 2 and Geometry as 30% would result in a lower final grade.
- The EOC impact in Civics will remain the same and is not affected by this FLDOE decision.
- Jack Vesey, Principal, Westglades Middle School
New Car Line Procedure
As you know, due to the growth in the "Wedge", we are experiencing increased congestion into our east lot each morning. We will begin extending the drop-off past the gym to the east side of the tennis courts. We will need to maintain a single line exit to make sure that everyone remains safe. Hopefully the additional space for 6 to 7 cars will help some until the University Dr. extension opens up allowing better traffic flow east of our school.
Thank you for your understanding as we continue with growing pains in our city.
SUMMER READING @ WESTGLADES
SUMMER READING AT WESTGLADES
Our school is participating in a fun summer reading project: the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge, featuring Read for the World Record. The Summer Reading Challenge unites students from around the globe in an attempt to set a new world record for most minutes read this summer!
The world record attempt begins May 4 and concludes September 4, 2015. The total logged reading minutes, along with the top 20 schools, will be published in the 2016 edition of the Scholastic Book of World Records.
Students will recieve a username and password from their Teacher.
Westglades Elective Course Descriptions
Here are the Westlgades Elective Course Descriptions for the 2015-2016 Schoolyear UPDATED 4/6/15!